- Membership shall be open to individuals who desire to promoted the Guild’s purpose and fiber arts in general.
- Membership dues are $15 per year payable in January to the Treasurer. You can also pay your dues online here.
- Our members do a variety of things: spinning, weaving, knitting, crochet, tatting, rug hooking, natural dying, and spinning wheel and weaving loom construction, repair, and restoration.
- If it involves the fiber arts, someone in the guild is likely to do it.
- If you need some help with a project or are interested in learning a fiber art, come join us and make new friends, learn something new, and have some fun.
- You’ll also receive our monthly newsletter.
The Bishop Hill Fiber Guild meets on the second Saturday of each month. Current location for meeting is at the UU Church in Peoria, Illinois. 3000 W Richwoods Blvd, Peoria, IL 61604
- Doors open at 10 am
- Business meeting begins at 11 am
- Show and tell follows the business meeting (Please bring any items you have made or are working on)
- The program starts after lunch at 1 pm
- Plan to stay after the program to visit, knit, spin, or whatever you like.
- Each month a member will present a fiber art related information program. Most of the programs are hands-on and offer an opportunity to learn a new skill or practice one you already have.
- Each month an assigned host or hostess brings treats/snacks.
- Bring a lunch or visit one of the restaurants in Chillicothe
2017 Program Topics
- January – Fashion Show/Presents – Guild Members
- February – Ravelry-emphasis on using it for finding free patterns – Elizabeth & Jolean – No Supplies
- March – Sprang – Lee – Two Colors of Worsted or DK yarn for supplies
- April – TBD
- May – TBD
- June – Fiber Burn Test – Gwyn
- July – Dyeing – Shari
- August – TBD
- September – Spinning Wheel Speed Dating
- October – Spin In Prep – Guild Members
- November – Card Weaving – Jolean
- December – Pot Luck, Ornament Exchange, Crafting- Guild Members